Disclaimer : Rooting your phone Voids your phone warranty. I'm not responsible if you Brick your device.
Read this before Rooting :
- ADB Drivers - Download from here
- Samsung Kies - Download from here
- Disable Antivirus on your PC
- Enable "USB DEBUGGING" from (Menu\Settings\Applications\Development)
- Enable "UNKNOWN SOURCES"from (Menu\Settings\Applications)
- Set Screen timeout to 30mins
- Root Kernel for Galaxy S2 I9100: Siyah-s2-v6.0b4.tar or Siyah-s2-v6.0b5.tar
- Odin 3.07
- Extract the Odin 3.07 file using winrar/7zip/winzip or any other extracting tool.
- Switch off the Galaxy S2. Then boot the device into Download Mode by pressing and holding Volume Down + Home buttons together and then press the Power button until the device turns on. Now press the Volume Up button to enter Download Mode.
- Launch Odin on the computer.
- Connect the Galaxy S2 to the computer using USB cable while it is in the Download Mode. Wait until Odin detects the device. When the device is connected successfully, the ID: COM box will turn yellow with the COM port number. Additionally, the successful connected will be indicated by a message saying Added. If Odin fails to detect the device then re-install the USB driver.
- In Odin, click the PDA button and select the Root Kernel file.
- Verify that Auto Reboot and Reset Time checkboxes are selected in Odin. Also, ensure the Re-Partition option in Odin is not selected.
- Double-check and click Start in Odin. The installation process will now begin.
- Once flashing completed, your phone will restart and soon you will see a PASS message with a green background in the leftmost box at the very top of the Odin. You can now unplug the USB cable to disconnect your device from the computer.
Samsung Galaxy S2 I9100 running on Android 4.1.2 Jelly Bean firmware is now rooted successfully.
- Things to do with a new rooted Android phone - Beginners Guide
- Change your android mobile fonts using Font Installer