Disclaimer : Rooting your phone Voids your phone warranty. I'm not responsible if you Brick your device.
Read this before Rooting :
- USB Debugging enabled settings> application> USB debugging
- Make sure your battery is more than 80%.
- You must have Samsung USB drivers in your PC.
- Rooting is done through ODIN. So Download ODIN and extract it to your computer.
- The root guide is done through CWM recovery and for that you need to download CWM_gt_i9082_droidviews.tar.md5 CWM recovery image to your computer.
- Download the UPDATE –SuperSU-v1.00.zip root package and place it on the root of your phone’s sd card.
- First power down your phone and put it in download mode by pressing volume up+ home+ power button and wait till screen wakes up.
- Connect your phone with pc by using USB cable and open ODIN on your PC.
- If ID: COM section of the ODIN is yellow that means it has recognized your Grand and is ready for the work.
- Now click on PDA button in ODIN and choose CWM_gt_i9082_droidviews.tar.md5 you downloaded earlier in previous step.
- Make sure you ticked the box of “Auto Reboot” and “F.reset time”. Everything else should be unchecked.
- When you press the start button the flashing process will start .wait until the process is complete. Do not disconnect the phone in between.
- When the process is over you will get a PASS message from the ODIN and now your phone will reboot.
- After reboot, turn your Grand off and then press the volume up, home and power buttons simultaneously. The phone will be turned ON and the Samsung logo will blink twice after which you can let go power button but you should still keep your on volume and home buttons until a list of options come onto the screen. You will see something as ClockWorkMod recovery.
- Touch will be ineffective for now, press volume up to scroll up and volume down to scroll down, Home button for selection and power button to take you back to the previous settings.
- Now select install zip from the SD card and find UPDATE-Super SU-v 1.00.zip on your micro SD card or internal memory. When you are prompted to confirm, select yes.
- Now the rooting will start and after some time when it’s completed select the option go back and then select reboot the system now .after rebooting, your Grand Duos is completely rooted.
- Things to do with a new rooted Android phone - Beginners Guide
- Change your android mobile fonts using Font Installer